My Greatest Enemy is My Inner Me

This blog will tell the story of an up-and-coming young black man in his 20's

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

One Season is Beginning, Another Episode is Ending..........

Yesterday, I decided to play hooky from my second job (the cable spot). Boy did it feel good! I took the day off so that I could watch my Bulls whoop up on the Heat by 40! I was able to play hooky without thinking twice yesterday because my 2nd job has a point system for unplanned absences, (dumb but hey that's their rules) and the points were set back to 0 as of November 1st. So missing yesterday wouldn't mean a thing, points-wise. I called it my Amnesty Day Off, LOL. I didn't even watch much of the game. I saw that the Bulls were up by 20, and I went to sleep. Ironically, the last time I played hooky from the 2nd job it was also to check out the Bulls vs Heat.


But let's get to my main thought of the day.



Yesterday also was the end of an era. Arguably my favorite person to talk about on my blog, Chappelle #2, my answer to Zed's "Batsh*t" or to Nsane Nika's "Puddy", accepted a new position at another company and her last day was yesterday. I was very happy when she told me about her new job, because it gives her a great opportunity (she is working for a nice hotel in Downtown Chicago), and it gives me a person to get a discount from (Just like an *african*, looking for a hook-up, lol) . And I'm a tad jelly because she is working downtown, and those who know me, know that my dream job is somewhere downtown. I hate driving 60 miles a day (30 going, 30 coming back) from the city to the burbs thru traffic that can be more than an hour a day. I would love to be one of those commuters that relies on The CTA or the METRA. And can you imagine the thousands of black women that I would see on a daily basis strutting their stuff down State Street or Michigan Avenue! Lemme get off this blog and get on careerbuilder.com! LOL.....



All That being said, I can admit that I am going to miss Chappelle #2 a lot. We went back and forth sometimes as if we were really a couple. I think I wrote on my blog that if there was a 10 point scale, and the chick needed an 8 to be considered as my woman, she gets a 7.5. Almost, but not quite. Maybe one day I might round off that .5 to the next number, like some of your teachers would do in school.



I acted really "janky" with her back in June, and we stopped talking for a while. But around 2 months ago, right around the beginning of September, I got back in her good graces and we became really close over the next few months. Yeah, I may not have wrote about it, but come on, don't act you write about everything that happens in your life on here either, LOL.



Yesterday, she wrote me a letter in an email that was very heartfelt, a little too heartfelt for me to put on here for the masses. Sometimes you forget the effect that you can have on someone. Just to sum it up, she said that "The thing I'm going to miss the most about working here is seeing you."



Will we see each other now that we're at different jobs? Maybe, but I'm sure with her being a newcomer at her job, they will not give her bankers' hours right away, and my refuge from working 2 jobs are the weekends. I don't see our schedules coinciding. We'll see what happens. But, I will say that the fact that we will not be working together anymore just might make me round that .5 up. Stay tuned..........




Thanks for Reading,

Robert L. Mack

20 Comments:

Blogger Paula D. said...

"But, I will say that the fact that we will not be working together anymore just might make me round that .5 up. Stay tuned.........."

Hmmmmmmmm.....I can't wait to see how this unfolds Mack! Sounds like she has a bit of a surprising hold on part of your heart.

Wed Nov 01, 09:52:00 AM  
Blogger Honey-Libra said...

Well at least you can get a hook up LOL...but aww you wont' be able to see her...can you do sneak away lunches haha

Wed Nov 01, 09:53:00 AM  
Blogger Royce's Daughter said...

Hey Mr. Mack!!!

I've been gone for a minute but good to see more maturity in you in my absence (not that you were immature b4)...definitely a good look. I am from the school of thought that you don't shyt where you lay your head so working with a prospective boopiece is bad business and perhaps that is why you guys didn't quite connect on that other .5 percent level. But now that you don't see her everyday...well absence makes the heart grow fonder. See what happens but remain open to the possibilities.

Very proud of you man...

Wed Nov 01, 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Knockout Zed said...

You won't see her again, not unless one day you feel generous about that 0.5. Otherwise, why would you?

KZ

Wed Nov 01, 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger 1969 said...

How come all the Hotel people are being used for their discounts?!?!


With that being said...Hotel folks work crazy hours too. Who knows though...just keep the lines of communication open and be open to the possibilities.

Wed Nov 01, 11:56:00 AM  
Blogger thee modern isis said...

Wait til Tenacious reads this then she'll give you a post within your comments section about Hotel hours. lol

But aside from that, looks like some things to put into perspective. Since she is officially away I'm sure you both will tend to miss each other and who knows where it will lead to from there.

If it's something that is mutually wanted, I'm sure you both will be able to work it out.

Good luck swagger

-Isis

Wed Nov 01, 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Nika Laqui said...

Awwww, thats so sweet....
I talked to Puddy the other day, but Puddy ain't Puddy no more, he is now the Punisher, cause the 19 year old is now Puddy...anywhoo...

I had to commute 80 miles a day for that salary job and my dream job was downtown, you think I moved out West for my health?

Sorry to hear about Smooth's lost...
I would call but I don't have those
"banker hours" being a newcomer myself...

And you need to get up on Staci, she's HOTT!

Wed Nov 01, 01:26:00 PM  
Blogger Dynasty said...

I almost threw up in my mouth a little bit. Out with the old and in with the new. I haven't been feeling you with her since you said she smells like a basement and smokes!

But, I am happy that someone recognizes how could of a person you are :)

Wed Nov 01, 03:54:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

LOL Isis....you know me too well :-) Yeah we wont get into hotel hours...just know we earn that damn discount *lol*

I'll just co-sign with Isis...ya never know...things may look up *wink wink*

Wed Nov 01, 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

LOL Isis....you know me too well :-) Yeah we wont get into hotel hours...just know we earn that damn discount *lol*

I'll just co-sign with Isis...ya never know...things may look up *wink wink*

Wed Nov 01, 04:13:00 PM  
Blogger Robert L. Mack said...

Paula D.
Yeah, part of me says your right. The other part says "yeah, right."

Honey Libra
Hey you! Naw my first job is waaaay out in the burbs, and she's downtown. so chances of that are slim and none. LOL...

Royce's Daughter
Wow, welcome back. I meant to live a comment about your Angela Davis get up. I was feelin it!
But yeah, I'm trying...still got ways to go, but I'm trying...

KZ
Because, she has the "marsh". Not every chick has the marsh. And you've been a longtime reader of mine, so you should know what the marsh is. If not, then go back to my archives, maybe March or April, for the definition. LOL...

1969
Yeah, before I would give it no thought at all...now, I would be willing to, maybe....LOL so people be hitting you up for your discount too?

Isis
Welcome back too....That's what I'm banking on...

Nika
LOL!! see you with me there huh? every time I pass the skyscrapers on Lake Shore Dr, I be like Damn I would love to work down there...its going to happen, watch.
You got smooth's email right? But he's cool, I talked to him today. Yeah you remember Staci from the play huh? She is a nice one. I'm going to call her today.

Dynasty
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah she loses a full point for the smoking thing. Again, she's never done is around me. I think the basement thing was that coat she was wearing last year, she had a much better one this year. The coat last year looked like a triple fat goose. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awe, yeah I guess someone does see it, even when I don't see it in myself at times.

Tenacious
Oh, you work for the hotel too? Damn how hard is it? Are people that bad?

Wed Nov 01, 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger The Mistress said...

LMFAO @ "Amnesty Day Off"! What a fucking coincidence...I'm taking one of those tomorrow!

Aww, the chick misses you AND she sent you a sweet email!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Thu Nov 02, 01:56:00 AM  
Blogger SynSational said...

Look at you, Mr. Mack...LOL...from the sounds of things, I'm sure you'll see each other sooner than you think. I mean, she is writing heartfelt letters through email and stuff. LOL

Thu Nov 02, 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Honey-Libra said...

Aww I have a layover in the Chi...too bad we can't get up and grab some lunch LOL

Thu Nov 02, 01:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Smooth said...

Mack
I think you are not letting your feelings out for #2. Just she ain't a dime don't mean she can't be your main squeeze. I thought she was pretty cute myself.

Nsane
Thanks for the love. Sure wish I could get a call sometime but hey you got your 19 Y.O. so handle that.

Thu Nov 02, 03:38:00 PM  
Blogger Robert L. Mack said...

Mistress
It was sooooo nice.....I think I slept thru most of the night though...but that sleep felt great!


Synsational
Well for the record I haven't spoken to her since she left....but the night is still early....

Honey Libra
Yeah Oh well...I'll be coming out your way sometime in the next few months....not sure when, but I will...

Smooth
Yeah, you got me there. She's not a dime piece, but she's a cutie. With big breaststs...LOL...I do care about her though.
Man I tried to hook you up with Nika, but the youngun effed that up. That's ok, when I get down there *in 3 weeks*, I'll work on that. LOL...

Thu Nov 02, 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Tenacious said...

@ Mr. Mack

How oculd you not know I work for a hotel *lol* I complain about it all the time :-)

Thanks for the love *smooches* You know I'm coming in town the 22nd I demand at least a few hours of your day to kick it :-)

No fist fights this time..I'll save that for Thanksgiving :-)

Thu Nov 02, 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger T. Cas said...

You know now that she's gone, you just gonna find you a new work woman to spend your time with. Out with the old and in with the new.

Thu Nov 02, 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Curlycurvynervy said...

It won't be eating where you handle your bidness, ... you keep bloggin about these chicks that throwin it @ you, what's the problem?

Thu Nov 02, 11:41:00 PM  
Blogger Miss Ahmad said...

i have a favorite hotel in chicago, it's right at the end of Michigan Ave, on the river, with big rooms, huge beds, walk in closets and large living rooms. it's the only place I'll stay in Chicago.

I love that town! I love Michigan Ave. I love that I always drink too much when I'm there, I love the night spot, I love my Chicago girls...hell right now I think I love you too.

Power to the Chi...and call that girl, you knows it's gonna be cold soon and you'll want a bed warmer:-)

Thu Nov 02, 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home